Friday, August 12, 2011

The Last Lime

My time here in SK is quickly coming to a close, but it wouldn't be complete without one last night of limin' with my new friends from the Ministry of Social and Community Development. Considering this would be the last time we would get together like this, they told me that I could choose wherever I wanted to go for dinner. About a half hour drive into the country (which is considered a great distance for Kittitians whose entire country is only about 31 km in length) we ended up on Reggae Beach where there is a quaint little bar & grill buffet. The food was sooooooooooooooo good that I have to say that this meal has replaced my previous FAVOURITE MEAL OF THE SUMMER. I had lobster, ribs, johnny cakes, rice and peas, and rum punch.... mmmmmmm it was delicious! The one guy in the mix of us girls (poor ting) ingested about three plates of food in the time I could finish one. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself! Afterwards we took a bunch of photos on the beach and then headed out to Frigate Bay to go wuk up and work off some of the food at the Strip. Unfortunately my camera died at this point (I didn't realize we'd be taking 65,000 photos at dinner) but the night was fun and a good end to a memorable summer with these guys. We've had some good times together, a lot of jokes, and I will miss them very much.





































No comments:

Post a Comment